- Exceed all fundraising efforts from prior years through increased ticket sales and donations
- Leverage the social networks of Gala Host Leadership Committee members to raise ongoing awareness of NFTE and involve local entrepreneurs in the program
- Pay tribute to Executive Director Julie Kantor who was announcing her retirement at the 2012 Gala
- Create social media “packages” that made it easy for Gala Host Leadership to post provocative messages to their own social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Preview the stories of both Locally Grown Honorees and NFTE student Contest Winners
NFTE’s annual Gala is their largest fundraiser of the year. Several top-tier executives and companies were involved and spent time contacting everyone they knew to ask for corporate or individual donations. Social media was needed to support these efforts since it was cost effective and took a grass-roots approach that synchronized well with NFTE’s mission.
During the eight weeks prior to the Gala in May of 2012, 3WD created social media “packages” that met the criteria for social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The packages were carefully researched and told the stories of Locally Grown Honorees and NFTE student Contest Winners; each of whom were featured at some point during the eight week period. Packages were designed to be a starting point for Gala Leadership so if they were short on time, they could simply cut and paste from the package or link to the posts being made on NFTE social media channels. Gala Leadership were encouraged to embellish on these packages with their own twist, but accurate details and links were all in one handy place and distributed via email.
A sold out event with record-breaking electronic donations that continued after the Gala was over.
Download a sample social media package from the NFTE DC Gala 2012.