- National security organizations
- Technology entrepreneurs in the D.C. metro area
- Educational institutions with technology transfer intellectual property.
Solution – Devise and implement a content marketing strategy that leveraged the events that TandemNSI produced each month featuring the highest level executives from many of the agencies focused on national security. Begin to develop an online community that can be segmented, engaged and activated as needed. Represent the many brands that were being integrated into this effort.
Overview – TandemNSI was developed to bring together the federal agencies focused on solving national security problems with the talented companies in the D.C. metro area who could address their needs. The two primary issues preventing these organizations from working more effectively together was the lack of an appropriate communication channel that addresses the needs of both types of organizations, and the perceived barriers to doing business with the federal government. TandemNSI needed to educate entrepreneurial tech companies on the benefits of doing business with the federal government and then facilitate the interactions between these organizations. TandemNSI did this using a three pronged approach: 1) frequent educational networking events; 2) Venture Advisor Program for entrepreneurs needing 1:1 support, 3) online communication tool that captured lessons learned and made those available to a broader community.
- Editorial Strategy and Calendar
- Creating 3 – 4 pieces of “Thought Leadership” content per month
- Function as Executive Editor of the website so that it reflected of all that TandenNSI had going on
- Work hand-in-hand with TandemNSI’s public relations team, technical team and marketing team to integrate all digital communications with any other marketing programs
- Create and grow the TandemNSI eNewsletter
- Develop digital media assets when necessary for event promotional materials
- Develop the TandemNSI Twitter and Facebook presence
Results – In twelve months, the TandemNSI community has grown to 2442 members and developed an above average Klout score of 46. TandemNSI was recently nominated as one of the “50 on Fire” companies by InTheCapital.